Jonathan's Poetry

Poetry flows from the fingers like ink from a pen. Bad poetry flows like ink from a pen in your pocket.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chico, California, United States

I'm a teacher. I teach about God. I teach about math. I teach about English, and History, and Science. I teach stuff I don't even know. But it's okay. I have a little piece of paper that says I can be in a classroom with 30 students and play movies for them when their regular teacher is sick.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Passeth

Ancient Winters past
Boring summers roll away
Lazy springs and busy autumns
cease to exist like they once were

I reach to remember
yet fall to forget
to eat and eating
diet is starvation

Tomorrow I will be taller
not in stature
Yesterday I was but a shadow
of what I will be
walking into the sun

Sleep marks my journey
as a karn along my path
Useless
as I will never pass this way again.

Light turns dark
at the end of each day
but I know
that the dark will not last
and my feet are guided by the light of tomorrow
leaving the dark in the shadows behind me.
where it belongs

2 Comments:

Blogger LindseyKatheryne said...

I like the "I reach to remember yet fall to forget"

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Dow said...

Thanks. I forgot I had this blog.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home